Battery Storage Site Construction Manager
The Battery Storage Site Construction Manager will control and monitor the quality and the contractual compliance of the work performed by the EPC and ICP. The individual will also provide support to the construction site visits, contribute to traffic management plan, and contact local subcontractors.
- Visit sites under construction, control the quality and the contractual compliance of the work performed by the EPC or ICP contractor
- Report to environmental, technical NCRs and other related deviation
- Propose corrective actions, including draft responses, to contractual deviations; provide corrective action to relevant PM via daily reports that capture the contractor’s undertaking
- Progress achieved as compared to the Bill of Quantities ("BoQ") and/or Program of Works ("PoW"), including rate of the activities and forecast towards the end of the works.
- Provide technical, contractual and budget guidance to the development team and the rest of company
- Ensure “best practice” quality procedures are in place; conduct follow up meetings to establish an understanding of the required standards required
- Ensure health and safety standards are met and work to resolve matters that affect the safety and quality of projects.
- Perform pre-construction visits to sites under development and provide feedback to the development team about the different constraints affecting the sites in term of constructability / accessibility / connectivity to the Grid
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT
- Previous proven experience and involvement in construction of large scale Battery Storage and/or Battery Storage plant in the UK/working with EPC contractors, ICP contractors and DNO in the renewable energy sector
- Degree in engineering or construction or equivalent qualification
- In depth knowledge of the development and construction process of Battery Storage plants in the UK , including HSE requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proven problem solving skills and commercial awareness
- Attention to technical details and contractual requirements
- Professional and diligent manner with a flexible attitude
- Able to work in isolation (will be mainly on site) while establishing daily contact with the rest of the Team based in the office
- Diploma or Degree in Town and Country Planning (Desirable)
- SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid Training
WORKING AT KXP
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are at the heart of our Company and we recognise the importance of our Environmental, Social and Governance responsibilities.
We have a working environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and are encouraged to speak their mind.
We offer market-competitive salaries and a benefits package which includes private healthcare, pension, discretionary bonus and the chance to work remotely.